Το νέο άρθρο του γυναικολόγου αναπαραγωγής κου. Ευριπίδη Μαντούδη για τον Ιατρικό Τουρισμό με τίτλο “Debunking Fertility Tourism Myths” φιλοξενείται στις σελίδες της έκδοσης GREECE IS HEALTH.
Το ετήσιο τεύχος της free-press έκδοσης απευθύνεται κυρίως στους επισκέπτες της χώρας μας από το εξωτερικό και διανέμεται δωρεάν στο Αεροδρόμιο, το Μουσείο της Ακρόπολης, σε ξενοδοχεία και πρεσβείες. Μπορείτε να ξεφυλλίσετε ολόκληρο το τεύχος εδώ: http://www.greece-is.com/greece-is-health/
Ακολουθεί το πλήρες κείμενο του άρθρου (στα αγγλικά):
Debunking Fertility Tourism Myths
There has never been a better time to consider Greece for you IVF treatment.
The Gennima IVF team is passionate about helping you create your family.
Fertility tourism involves traveling abroad for fertility treatment. In vitro fertilization (IVF), donor sperm insemination, surrogacy and egg donation are the most commonly sought treatments. People may do this for several reasons, such as:
· Some fertility treatments might not be available to them at home due to factors such as legal prohibitions or regulation.
· Shorter waiting lists.
· Lower cost, even when flights and accommodation cost are taken into consideration.
Getting fertility treatment in another country might seem complicated because of the distance from home and the difference in culture and language involved. But, it doesn’t have to be this way.
Myth No. 1: ‘It’s IVF, it’s not tourism’
The term ‘tourism’ is commonly used along the word ‘medical’, partly because of the need to travel, but mostly because fertility treatments are minimally invasive, thus allowing patients to enjoy the destination while receiving their treatment.
Greece is an ideal ‘IVF vacation’ destination for many reasons:
· Most Greek fertility experts trained with IVF pioneers (in the UK or the USA), are very experienced and have sterling reputations.
· Greek legislation allows for all fertility treatments, including donor sperm insemination, egg donation, surrogacy and fertility preservation through egg freezing.
· Prices are low and the benefit-cost ratio is very attractive, considering the high success rates.
Moreover, Greece is a great destination! Athens is ideal for a city break; it has a mild Mediterranean climate and offers a variety of museums, archaeological sites and other sightseeing opportunities, short excursions, shopping and gastronomic explorations.
Myth No. 2: ‘The quality of healthcare quality abroad is lower than at home’
In Greece, recent legislation has made it mandatory for all IVF clinics to apply accredited and internationally certified quality management systems specifically developed for the healthcare sector. In addition, new, stricter rules from the Greek National Authority of Assisted Reproduction regarding the facilities, medical staff and equipment ensure the safety of all patients.
Myth No. 3: ‘It’s impossible to build a relationship with my doctor’
Building a relationship with your fertility expert and his or her team is a crucial part of your treatment – at least most patients believe so. Distance is no longer an obstacle in communicating with and getting to know your doctor prior to and during your treatment. Social media and communication applications (such as Skype) make it easy to reach out and get in touch with, even if you are thousands of miles away. Here are some tips to consider:
· Be proactive and actively seek to build a relationship with your fertility clinic.
· Make sure your doctor and their team are comfortable communicating with you in your preferred language.
· Explain any specific differences in your culture. This way it’s going to be easier for your fertility clinic to respect them.
We look forward to welcoming you to Gennima IVF, where we are passionate about helping you create your family. Attention to detail and hard work are key factors of our high success rates and patient satisfaction levels. Contact us for a free telephone or Skype consultation.